Friday, July 12, 2013

DVD Haul: June 27 & July 6,2013 (Late)


Umm...Well yeah,as the title suggests this is another one of my late posts.And this is gonna be another edition of "DVD Haul" since I haven't done another one in a while.Anyway,in this edition,I'm gonna show you my 2 recently purchased DVDs.One is from the last week of June and the other one is fresher,which I purchased last week.Anyway,here they are:

First up is the one I got last June 26 or 27,I think.Here it is:



 And it is...Die Hard With A Vengeance! Yes,the Die Hard film that has bad-ass Sam Jackson in it.Since I already have the first two Die Hard films,I decided that I should also get the third one as well since it is said to be better than Part 2.Die Hard With A Vengeance is available on DVD for P175-199 depending on the branch alongside Die Hard and Die Hard 2 distributed by Viva Video Inc.

Now,for the main course,which is the one I bought last week.July 6,2013 to be exact.Finally here it is...



Whew.After a long time of waiting,I finally got The Godfather Trilogy Boxset.This was the ONLY copy (yet) that I sighted in SM MOA.Astroplus didn't have it but thank God,Odyssey had it...But there are some slight catches though.This seems to be an old stock 'cause the box has got some dents on both the front and spine sides.Who cares anyway,what matters is that I can now finally watch the epic Godfather Trilogy.Well,just to be honest,I watched Part 1 with my Mom the day after I bought it.Haha.Well,that doesn't count,for me to do a review,I must and should definitely re-watch it again.
Don't get mad at me,I'm not bragging this,I'm just really happy that I finally reached my biggest goal in terms of "DVDs I wanna watch & buy".So,keep calm.The DVD's quality is great.All 3 films are presented in full screen but from what I know,this boxset isn't the Coppola Restoration edition.I don't know yet,but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.Anyway,back to the box.I'm really digging the black and red motif on both the DVD's front and back sides.And that bloody splatter is just fittingly gorgeous.Bonus points also for the golden foil logos on the entire box.So yeah,that's the extra features when you get the boxset.But I forgot,the three films aren't being sold separately so you really have to get the entire boxset.




*The pic above shows the unfortunate "catch".Notice that slight wedge on the box's spine side.

Here's a groupie shot:



Now for the individuals:


*The first chapter in the epic,stirring Godfather Trilogy is of course,the one that started it all,Francis Ford Coppola's masterpiece The Godfather.The film is indeed epic indeed in terms of scale and scope (Yeah,I saw it for the first time finally,I definitely need and want to re-watch it.).Anyway,I don't wanna talk about the entire film,I'm saving the words for the review.Haha.But seriously,this is the shit.And by shit,I mean the bomb.And by the bomb,I mean the great.


*Next up is: The Godfather Part II.The prequel-sequel to the first film.From what I know,this second chapter in the epic gangster movie trilogy is considered to be the greatest sequel of all time yet because of its' dedication to the first film.I have no doubts that this is going to be a great movie and a sequel too,since it looks really damn great.This DVD includes two discs.Disc 1 contains the first half and Disc 2 contains the other that concludes the film individually.If you're looking for the bonus features,this one doesn't have it.But wait,there's more.


*Then we have The Godfather Part III.Which is sadly,less compelling and motivated from what I hear from all the eavesdropping.No,seriously this is proclaimed to be one of the most disappointing films in moviedom.Part III concludes the epic trilogy anyway,so it still must be good on the other side.But still,I would have to see it to believe.


*Remember the "there's more" I'm talking about? Well,this is it.This bonus disc contains the bonus features for all 3 Godfather films.And yes,there are definitely featurettes and deleted scenes even.
Yep,that's what all the boxset contains.4 DVDs,5 Discs (Parts I & III are 1-Disc as well as the Bonus Disc,but Part II is 2-Disc since it is a long film).But not only that,but also the greatest film ever made yet.Well that is Part I I'm talking about.Oh,before I wrap this "Godfather insanity" all up,here's one last shot:


*The Godfather Trilogy is available to own on DVD for P1,200 distributed by Magnavision Home Video.
Say cheese! One more shot of both DVDs and it's all done:


Now folks,that's a wrap.
Stay tuned for my next DVD Haul...Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment