Friday, September 13, 2013

DVD Haul: September 7,2013

Last Saturday,I managed to pick up 2 DVDs.Yeah,you heard 'em right,two just two.But even though I know it's a small amount,I'm still happy to have them added in my collection.Let's not wait,here are the 2 DVDs I bagged last Saturday...

Captain America: The First Avenger



Just to let ya know,I actually own the 2011 release of this,but it wasn't working anymore so I decided to pick this up so I can watch it again since I missed watching this.In case you wanna know my opinions regarding the film,I thought this was a nice one Marvel came up with.It's entertaining and fun to watch but I just found Thor to be better than this.The film isn't worth re-buying though I just bought it again to replace my original copy which doesn't work anymore plus,it's available for a cheap price.But even though it was on sale for a cheap buck,I just found out that this in fact the 2011 release only slipcover-less.Talk about a bang for your buck.Captain America is available on DVD for a cheap but valuable price of P100 along previous Marvel films Thor and Iron Man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast & Furious 6



In case you don't know,this isn't available yet in the US 'til October,but look! it's now available on DVD here in the Philippines.Anyway,just to let you know I really really anticipated this but wasn't able to have the opportunity in theaters but instead I saw this first on (pardon me) pirated DVD.So yeah,you may say I'm a non-supporter of the film industry but I would like you to think "no" 'cause I am definitely a true supporter of the film industry.It just so happened that I wasn't able to beat off my temptation.But look on the bright side! I'm now able to see it on original DVD properly with crystal clear picture quality and groundbreaking 5.1 audio.Just in case you wanna know what I thought of the film,I thought that it was a little bit better than Fast Five because of the actions and everything else.By the way,I really am loving that slipcover.Even though it doesn't include the entire crew due to spacing conflicts,the four main stars of the film really look furious in there.And yeah,the logo looks more "furious" in red.It's bathing in fury.Also gotta love that London backdrop.Looks beautifully furious.Alright,that's enough.Fast & Furious 6 is available on DVD for P750.

So...that's it.My 2 new DVDs.I still consider it a DVD Haul despite the small quantity.In my future DVD Updates,when I pick up only 1 DVD,I'm going to call it a QuickPick.But if two or more,it's gonna be called a DVD Haul then.

That's all folks for my DVD Haul update.Stay tuned for the next DVD Haul and thanks for reading.See ya soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*Captain America: The First Avenger and Fast & Furious 6 are available to own on DVD distributed by 
Magnavision Home Video.

**Own the previous F&F films The Fast and The Furious,2Fast 2Furious,The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift,Fast & Furious and Fast & Furious 5 on DVD.Distributed by 
Magnavision Home Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment