Sunday, October 13, 2013

DVD QuickPick: October 5,2013 (Late Post)

Last Saturday,I decided to pick up one new DVD since I figured that I haven't bought one since my purchase of Fast 6.And if you're wondering why I typed "DVD QuickPick" instead of "DVD Haul" because like I said,I only have one newly purchased DVD and since I consider 2 DVDs to be a haul,I consider 1 to be a QuickPick since I picked it up quick.Kinda corny if you ask me (yes,I admit),but that's the way it's gotta be.So...here it is,my newly bought DVD...

(Cue intergalactic theme music from a famous Sci-Fi show in the 60s)

Beam Me Up! It's Star Trek: Into Darkness! (Finally)




Among the heap of newly released DVDs (Like World War Z,The Hangover Part III,Iron Man 3,etc.),this one was the only one that struck my interest.I was interested in this for 2 reasons.First,I loved JJ Abrams' 2009 remake of Star Trek and secondly,I've been told that this is one of the films not to be missed this year.If there's gotta be a third reason,it would have something to do with the action and Benedict Cumberbatch.Anyway,I'm really digging that slipcover's front artwork.It gives me the impression that this one's gonna be darker and more action packed than the first film.Speaking of slipcovers,I love them so much.I like Trek 2's,but my problem is that my slipcover is a little soft and easily foldable.Not as hard as Magna's previous slipcovers for Fast 6 and Django Unchained.Regarding the features,this DVD's only got 2.Those are: "The Enemy of my Enemy" and "Ship to Ship".Well,they really are few.They should've added in at least 2 or 3 more featurettes to make up for the value.But anyway,I'm cool with that.Above all else,all I wanna say is that I am so excited to watch this.I was really happy to have this in my hands the moment I picked it up and brought it to the cashier and then finally brought it home.I'm gonna watch this when I have some time.

I know it's been short,but that's it.That's it for today.See ya soon 'til my next DVD QuickPick/DVD Haul (I really hope it's gonna be a haul next time around).Thanks for reading.

*Star Trek: Into Darkness is now available on DVD & Blu-Ray distributed for home viewing by 
Magnavision Home Video.Thanks to them for releasing a lot of great movies for home viewing.Other blockbusters now available from them would be World War Z,The Hangover Part III,The Great Gatsby,etc.

(C) 2013 Magnavision Home Video.
(C) 2013 Paramount Pictures/Skydance Productions/Bad Robot Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment